Replace windows, facade, roof or carry out another project to increase efficiency and energy savings and get a grant up to 20% of the loan amount.
Social and societal responsibility is to preserve the environment we live by investing in our house/apartments that result in the reduction of outdoor emissions, saving energy and reducing the monthly energy cost for households.
As part of this goal, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) through its Kosovo Green Credit Financing Program (GEFF) in cooperation with TEB Bank enable individual clients to finance individual loans to carry out investments/renovations in their houses/apartments, by fulfilling the criteria set by the EBRD, which are supported by a grant from the European Commission of 15 to 20% of the loan value for each client.
What is the green loan and its importance?
Green Loan is a unique product in the market provided only by TEB Bank to individual clients. Applicants are provided with the possibility to make investment/renovation through the green loan within projects defined by EBRD aiming at increasing the efficiency and energy saving:
Which investment types are supported by the green loan?
• Insulation of the walls, roofs and floors,
• Windows and doors,
• Biomass (pellet) stoves,
• Gas stoves,
• Heating (thermal) pumps,
• Solar collectors for hot water,
• Solar photo voltaic systems,
• Balanced mechanical ventilation,
• Hot water accumulating heaters/boilers
Benefits from the investment:
House/apartment investment resulting into energy saving as per EBRD criteria enable you to:
• Obtain a grant of 15% to 20% of the total loan value,
• Reduction of energy consumption through the installation of high performance technologies and efficient technologies,
• Increasing the family budget through lower spending,
• Better performance of equipment,
• A more comfortable house,
• Increase of real property value
For the environment:
• Preserving the precious natural resources,
• Reducing the emissions of environment polluters,
• A healthier environment
How can you apply for a Green Loan?
Having made your investment plan, make sure that materials and products you are going to use are efficient, you verify this by accessing the technology selector on the following link, https://ebrdgeff.com/kosovo/al/ and there you find all the necessary information for the steps to be undertaken by seekingthe trade quality certificate.
Once you are unsure, take the offer from the dealer and visit the TEB nearest branch where you can also be informed about the application procedures and the necessary documentation.
How can you apply for a Grant?
Once you invest in your home through Green Loan, you have to apply for GRANT in the branch that you have applied for the loan by:
- Signing an application for GRANT (GEFF form),
- Bringing the regular invoice of the product installed at your house/apartment as well as the fiscal receipt or payment receipt for transfer payments.
Who is eligible to apply?
• All individual clients receiving salary in one of the commercial banks in Kosovo,
• Associations of housing owners registered according to laws in Kosovo,
• Minimum of the loan amount: € 500,
• Maximum of the loan amount for individual clients: € 50.000,
• Maximum of the loan amount for housing associations for individual clients: € 300.000,
Projects/investments successfully implemented and verified are eligible for obtaining the grant:
• 15% of the eligible costs for a project within an individual apartment or house that includes a single technology category selected by the Technology Selector
Blini has changed home windows, he won 15% of the grant, he is saving 162 Euros a year in spending in bills.
• 20% of the eligible costs for a project within an individual apartment or house that includes packages with more than one category of technologies selected by the Technology Selector
Besa has isolated the house, has installed a home heating system, and has installed lighting in the house. She has not paid the work, she has not spent 24% of energy a year, but she has obtained 20% of the grant amount, and now she is saving 120 Euros per month.
• Household appliances (e.g. refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners) are not supported by financial grants.
Dear customer, for more information, we suggest you to visit our branch nearest to your residence.
TEB, Bank for a changing World.
"Green Loan" is back to individual clients of TEB Bank
Replace windows, thermal facade, and roof or do another project to increase household energy efficiency and benefit grant of up to 20% of the loan amount.
Green Loan is a unique product in the market that is offered to individual bank clients in cooperation with EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development).
Applicants of this loan have the opportunity to receive a grant of up to 20% of the loan amount due to the fulfillment of certain conditions in case of construction and renovation in the scope of increase of energy efficiency, set by the EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development).
If the loan is intended only for one technology, then the client will receive 15% grant on the loan value, whereas if two or more technologies contribute to the increase of energy efficiency then the grant will be 20% of the loan. After the client has completed the investment and has proved with regular invoices that he has met the specified conditions, then within one month period the investment verification is completed and the amount received from the grant is transferred to the borrower’s bank account.
Example 1: If the customer receives a Green Loan of 4,000 Euro only for replacement of house or apartment windows, according to EBRD standards that consist in the increase of energy saving, then the client receives a grant of 15% of the loan value or 600 Euro.
Example 2: If the customer receives a Green Loan of 10,000 Euro for replacement of windows and insulation of the walls of house or apartment, according to EBRD standards that consist in the increase of energy savings, then the client receives a grant in a value of 20% of the loan or 2,000 Euro.
For each specific loan, TEB Bank in cooperation with the borrowers will plant a sapling in their city.
The Green Economy Financing Facility (GEFF) it’s a program developed by EBRD. GEFF is supported by grant resources from the European Union, to finance investment incentives to the eligible borrowers and from other donors, the Austrian Federal Ministry of Finance and the Western Balkan Investment Framework.
To learn more about which technologies are acceptable, please visit the Technology Selector https://ebrdgeff.com/kosovo/al/ where you can find all the necessary information about steps that needs to be undertaken.
Due to living standards, nowadays, the energy for heating / cooling, cooking and different home appliances such as fridges, etc. is being used always more and more in dwellings. Energy consumption has been steadily reinforced leading to a higher energy bill and a negative impact on our environment.
What is the green loan and its importance?
Green loan is a unique product in the market that is offered to individual clients in cooperation with EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development).
Applicants of this loan have the opportunity to receive a grant of up to 20% once the certain conditions for construction and renovation are fulfilled in the scope of increased efficiency and energy savings, established by the EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development).
The green loan project will contribute to improving energy performance, which will provide the same service with less energy consumption or provide more services for the same energy input and promote the use of energy from the renewable energy sources.
Who can apply?
• All individual clients who are payees of one of the financial institutions in Kosovo.
• Association of apartments’ owners registered according to the law in Kosovo.
What investments does the green loan support?
• Insulation of walls, roofs and floors
• Windows, doors and insulation (insulating glass)
• Furnace / Gas boilers
• Heating pump
• Furnace / Boilers with biomass
• Solar hot water collector
• Solar photovoltaic systems
• Balanced mechanical ventilation
• Furnace / accumulating boilers for hot water
Benefits of green loan?
• 15% to 20% grant of the investment cost eligible for individual apartments or home projects
• 25% to 35% grant of the investment cost eligible for projects in residential collective buildings
Household appliances (eg refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners) as well as loans to traders and producers do not have the right to investment grants.
In addition to grant profit, this investment will contribute to increased energy efficiency and its savings.
a) If the client receives a green loan of 4,000 Euro only for replacement of the house or apartment’s windows, according to EBRD standards, which consists on increase of energy savings, then the client receives a grant of 15% of the value or 600 Euro.
b) If the client receives a green loan of 10,000 Euro for replacing the windows and insulating the walls of the house or apartment, according to EBRD standards, which consists on the increase of energy savings, then the client receives a grant of 20% of the loan or 2,000 Euro.
How to apply for the green loan?
Documents needed for the borrower:
• Employment contract
• Electricity / utility bill for address proof (not older than 6 months)
• The bank’s statement for the last 6 months
• Pro-forma invoice with details of the investment project
• Technology Selector Certificate
If your product is not found in the Technology Selector, it is sufficient to have only the pro-forma invoice with details of the investment products.
Depending on the amount of the loan, additional documents may be required from the bank. (For more information, please visit your nearest TEB branch premises)
How to apply for grant?
Once you have installed the technology at your home or apartment, you should visit your TEB branch in order to apply for the grant.
When applying for a grant, you should have with you regular invoices of technology or the invested product and within a month, the GEFF (Green Economy Financing Facilities) team will verify your investment in order that the grant of 15% or 20% is transferred to your TEB SH.A. bank account.
This project was established by GEFF and EBRD and supported by the European Union, the Federal Ministry of Finance, the Western Balkans Investment Framework for financing the Technical Co-operation Program.